The Research Manager has the responsibility of managing a variety of diverse health outcomes research projects under the supervision and guidance of a Research Lead. All of your projects will be ultimately overseen by a Principal.
The Research Manager will work within the Medlior team to complete a variety of project-related tasks, including, but not limited to, contributing to study design development, study conduct, medical writing, project management, client liaising, managing contractors and junior staff, as well as responsibility for project deliverables.
The position will require work on both quantitative and qualitative research projects. Given the nature of the position, applicants should be comfortable with shifting priorities, a variable workload, and working within the constraints of tight timelines.
- A research-based graduate degree, in a scientific or healthcare-related discipline
- Familiarity with a variety of research methodologies, and at least an intermediate level understanding in at least one of Medlior’s area of focus on (i.e., HTA, health economics, real world evidence, literature reviews, or medical writing)
- Minimum of 5-years of experience with healthcare-related research (a combination of education and/or experience may be considered)
- Minimum of 2-years of experience with project management
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented
- Able to work successfully within a set timeframe
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the Medlior team, and the ability to work in an environment of continuous change and growth
Generally, the Research Manager will act as the project manager. As a project manager, the Research Manager is responsible for:
General Project Management:
- Managing the project team and resources by assigning tasks and estimating hours for project tasks using Asana
- Overseeing the work of Research Associates, Research Assistants, Research Students, and Contractors, including delegating responsibility, ensuring accountability, and reviewing contractor and student invoices and timesheets
- Set-up and management/regular review of project-related tools (e.g., Distiller, EndNote, ShareFile, Qualtrics)
- Discussing and agreeing on project and methodological strategy with the Research Lead
- Raising any project-related issues with the Research Lead in timely and effective manner
- Taking initiative to prepare deliverables and proposing solutions to project issues
- Developing and maintaining project budget worksheets
- Setting up, reviewing, and assessing project hours on Toggl
- Managing project timelines using Gantt charts
- Distributing internal team communications
- Scheduling and leading internal and/or external meetings, including preparation of meeting agenda, meeting minutes, and PowerPoint presentation slides
- Preparing and sending client communications with minimal supervision, except for communications regarding scope, budget, and timelines
- Contributing to the development of key project deliverables including but not limited to, protocols, study materials, reports, manuscripts, abstract and posters
- Ensuring all client feedback has been addressed appropriately or flagged for discussion with the project team
- Ensuring clear, concise, accurate, and meaningful interpretation, communication, and presentation of results
- Ensuring deliverables are client-ready (according to the deliverables checklist and in alignment with Medlior brand standards) prior to review and sign-off by a Research Lead
Other responsibilities and duties include:
- Analyzing and reporting on diverse health outcomes research projects
- Participating in recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring junior staff (Research Associates, Research Assistants, Research Students)
- Preparing and leading in-house training activities
- Providing and seeking regular feedback from all members of project teams
- Complying with all Medlior policies and procedures
- Working in the best interests of Medlior and in accordance with the Core Values
Employment is contingent on the applicant’s confirmation of eligibility to be employed in Canada (i.e., a valid social insurance number and, if applicable, supporting documentation from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada [IRCC]). It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that they are legally entitled, pursuant to IRCC’s requirements, to work at Medlior.
Candidates will be contacted via Medlior email to schedule first-round interviews. Please ensure to check your Spam or Junk Mail email folder to prevent missed communication, and mark the email as “not junk”.
Please email us your resume and cover letters to HR@nullmedlior.com