As we slowly emerged from our COVID caves of 2020-2021, this year brought great excitement to Medlior. We helped industry bring life-changing innovations to market, and we increased our stakeholder collaboration.
At Medlior, this was a year of tremendous growth in terms of new research projects and the addition of highly skilled members to our team. We feel very fortunate to have had our business flourish during this year, and a few highlights are noted below.
New Team Members
We are excited to have added new colleagues to our Medlior team this year, including a Senior Principal, Mike Marentette, a Data Science Lead, Lee Geyer, Senior Data Scientists, Phong Manivong and Cristiano Soares De Moura, Research Managers, Steph Gloyn and Kelcie Witges, Medical Writing Manager, Heather Neilson, and Research Associates, Ransi Nayakarathna and Kate Brown.
2022 brought many opportunities for Medlior to share our research through scientific conferences (both in-person and virtual) and peer-reviewed journals. Below are a few examples, but for a complete list of publications, check out our publications page.
- Oliveira T, Brown J, Juby A.G. Schneider P, Wani R.J. Packalen M, Avcil S, Li S, Farris M,Graves E, McMullen S & Kendler D.L. Trends in osteoporosis care patterns during the COVID-19 pandemic in Alberta, Canada. Read more
- Eileen Shaw, Michelle Mayer, Paul Ekwaru, Suzanne McMullen, Erin Graves,Jennifer W. Wu, Nathalie Budd, Bridget Maturi, Tara Cowling & Tiago A. Mestre (2022) Epidemiology and economic burden of Huntington’s Disease: a Canadian provincial public health system perspective, Journal of Medical Economics. Read More
- Graves EB, Gerber BR, Berrigan PS, Shaw E, Cowling TM, Ladouceur MP, Bougie JK. Epidemiology and treatment utilization for Canadian patients with migraine: a literature review.Journal of International Medical Research. 2022;50(9). Read More
- Nayakarathna R, Neilson H, MacDougall D, Cowling T. Virtual care use in primary care or specialty care settings. Ottawa: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH); 2022 August (CADTH Health Technology Review). Read more.
- Cowling T, Neilson H, Nayakarathna R, Mahood Q. Low-dose ipilimumab in combination with nivolumab or pembrolizumab for the treatment of advanced melanoma. Ottawa: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH); 2022 July (CADTH Health Technology Review). Read more.
Medlior Graduate Scholarship for Women in Life Science
In 2022, we were thrilled to support the Medlior Graduate Scholarship for Women in Life Science in partnership with the University of Calgary. The annual scholarship will be awarded to students who self-identify as women, are registered full-time in a graduate degree program, and are pursuing research in the field of life sciences, global health, or patient care. As a woman-owned life sciences company, this scholarship supports our commitment to promoting women in pursuit of advanced science degrees.
In addition to our annual scholarship, Medlior is proud to support many outstanding non-profit organizations that seek to improve patient lives and those in need. In 2022, we were pleased to support The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer and the Calgary Food Bank. We have also donated our computer equipment that was no longer needed.
ISPOR EU Conference Exhibitor
Medlior was pleased to be an exhibitor at the 2022 ISPOR EU conference in Vienna, Austria. The exhibit was an important step in showcasing Medlior’s services to a global audience and connecting with healthcare stakeholders around the world. We look forward to continuing to connect with global leaders in 2023 to discuss how we can promote sustainable health systems, improve patient lives, and realize the potential of new and emerging technologies.
The Medlior team is excited to kick off 2023 and continue our collaborative research studies to foster healthcare decision-making with high-quality evidence.
In the meantime, we look forward to closing our virtual doors on December 23rd and re-opening January 3rd with a refreshed and re-energized team!
From our team to yours, we wish you a healthy holiday season and all the best in the New Year!