Explore a list of all of Medlior’s recent publications including recent Medlior evidence generation publications and recent Medlior RWE publications.
- Cowling T, Loshak H. An Overview of Liquid Biopsy for Screening and Early Detection of Cancer. Ottawa: CADTH; 2019 Nov. (CADTH Issues in Emerging Health Technologies; Issue). Read more.
- Cowling T, Farrah. Fluoroquinolones for the Treatment of Other Respiratory Tract Infections: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines. Ottawa: CADTH; 2019 May (CADTH rapid response report: summary with critical appraisal). Read more.
- Cowling T, Frey N. Macrocyclic and Linear Gadolinium Based Contrast Agents for Adults Undergoing Magnetic Resonance Imaging: A Review of Safety Ottawa: CADTH; 2019 Mar. (CADTH rapid response report: summary with critical appraisal). Read more.
- Cowling T, Jones S. Gene therapy: international regulatory and health technology assessment (HTA) activities and reimbursement status. Ottawa: CADTH; 2018. (Environmental scan; no. 71) Read more.
- Cowling T, Dolcine B. Point-of-care testing. Ottawa: CADTH; 2017 Oct. (Environmental scan; no. 65). Read more
- Cowling T, Jones S. Topical antibiotics for infected wounds: A review of the clinical effectiveness and guidelines. Ottawa: CADTH; 2017 Mar. (CADTH rapid response report: summary with critical appraisal). Read more.
- Pant S, Cowling T, Chelak K, Kaunelis D. Opioid formulations with tamper-resistance or abuse-deterrent features — products and policies. Ottawa: CADTH; 2017. (Environmental scan; no. 62). Read more.
- Cowling, T and Boucher M. (2016). Environmental Scan on Pharmaceuticals Requiring Companion Diagnostics. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care. 32(5), 327-336. Read more.
- Cowling T, Pant S. Single drug technology assessment processes across health technology assessment organizations. Ottawa: CADTH; 2016 Nov. (Environmental Scan; Issue 55). Read more.
- Loorand-Stiver L, Cowling T, Perras C. Drugs for rare diseases: evolving trends in regulatory and health technology assessment perspectives. Ottawa; CADTH; 2013 Oct [updated 2016 Feb]. (Environmental scan; issue 42). Read more.
- Cowling T, de Léséleuc L. Surgical interventions performed outside the hospital operating room. Ottawa: CADTH; 2015. (Environmental Scan; Issue 49). Read more.
- Cowling T, de Léséleuc L. Reprocessing of single-use medical devices: a 2015 update. [Environmental Scan; Issue 48]. Ottawa: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health; 2015. Read more.
Recent Medlior RWE publications
- Chen G, Farris MS, Cowling T, Tai M, Pinto L, Colgan S, Rogoza RM, Anderson TJ. Low-density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Management in Patients with Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Diseases and Pre-existing Diabetes in Alberta, Canada. American Diabetes Association (ADA) 79th Scientific Sessions 2019; June 8, 2019; San Francisco, California
Read more and more
- Jimenez-Zepeda VH, Chen G, Cowling T, Shaw E, Farris MS, Liu FF, Tay J. Multiple Myeloma Treatment Landscape from 2011 to 2017 in Alberta, Canada: Results from the Population-Based “Identifying Outcomes in Real-World Multiple Myeloma” (INFORMM) Study. Presented at the 24th Congress of the European Hematology Association (EHA); June 13–16, 2019; Amsterdam, Netherlands. Read More and more.
- Chen G, Farris MS, Cowling T, Colgan S, Xiang P, Pericleous L, Rogoza RM, Tai MH, Anderson TJ. Treatment and Low-density Lipoprotein Cholesterol management in patients diagnosed with clinical Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in Alberta. Can J Cardiol. 2019; 35:7:884-89. Read more
- Early mortality following diagnosis of multiple myeloma from 2011 to 2016 in Alberta, Canada: Initial results from the population-based Identifying Outcomes in Real-World Multiple Myeloma (INFORMM) study. Accepted for the 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting. J Clin Oncol 37, 2019 (suppl; abstr e19509) Read more and more.
- Shaw E, Liu F, Tay J, Jimenez-Zepeda VH, Chen G. Identifying Outcomes in Real-World Multiple Myeloma (INFORMM): Insights in Methodology for Using Administrative Health Data in Alberta. Presented at the 2019 CADTH Symposium; April 14–16, 2019; Edmonton, AB, Canada. Read more and more.
- Chen G, Farris MS, Cowling T, Colgan S, Xiang P, Pericleous L, Rogoza RM, Anderson TJ.Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Diseases and Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Management in Alberta, Canada. Presented at the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions, November 2018; Chicago, USA.
- Farris M, White K, Liu FF, Cowling T. A Rapid Literature Review of Real-World Evidence in Multiple Myeloma: Patient Characteristics and Health Outcomes. Presented at ISPOR Europe 2018, November 2018; Barcelona, Spain.
- Chen G, Farris M and Cowling T. Methodological issues for measuring pharmacotherapy treatment and its calibration with patient outcomes using real-world data. International Journal Population Data Science. 2018; 3:3: 170.
- Gerber B, Cowling T, Chen G, Yeung M, Duquette P, Haddad P. The impact of treatment adherence on clinical and economic outcomes in multiple sclerosis: Real world evidence from Alberta, Canada. Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders 2017; 18(Supplement C): 218-24. Read More.
- Gerber B, Cowling T, Chen G, & Haddad P. Linking Administrative Data Sets from Alberta, Canada to Examine the Impact of Treatment Adherence on Health Care Resource Utilization Among Multiple Sclerosis Patients. Presented at the 2017 CADTH Symposium, April 2017; Ottawa, Canada.
- Gerber B, Cowling T, Chen G, Rivest D, Yeung M, Duquette P, Kindudu C, Barbeau M & Haddad P. The Impact of Treatment Adherence on Clinical and Economic Outcomes in Multiple Sclerosis: Real-World Evidence from Alberta, Canada [Abstract]. Value in Health. Nov 2016; 19(7): page A437.
- Gerber B, Cowling T, Chen G, Yeung M, Duquette P, Schecter R, & Haddad P. MS patient characteristics and healthcare resource utilization from administrative databases: real-world evidence from Alberta, Canada. Presented at the 32nd Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS), Sept 2016; London, UK.