The Medlior team has produced several publications as authors and acknowledged medical writers for conference abstracts/posters, environmental scan reports and journal publications.
- Gerber B, Cowling T, Chen G, & Haddad P. Linking Administrative Data Sets from Alberta, Canada to Examine the Impact of Treatment Adherence on Health Care Resource Utilization Among Multiple Sclerosis Patients. Poster session presented at the 2017 CADTH Symposium, April 2017; Ottawa, Canada.
- Pant S, Cowling T,Chelak K and Kaunelis D. Opioid formulations with tamper-resistance or abuse-deterrent features - products and policies. Ottawa: CADTH; 2017. (Environmental Scan, no. 62)
- Cowling, T and Jones S. Topical antibiotics for infected wounds: A review of the clinical effectiveness and guidelines. Ottawa: CADTH; 2017 Mar. (CADTH rapid response report: summary with critical appraisal)
- Recognition and Diagnosis of Sepsis in Adults: A review of evidence-based guidelines. Ottawa: CADTH; 2017 Jan. (CADTH rapid response report: summary with critical appraisal)
Gerber B, Cowling T, Chen G, Rivest D, Yeung M, Duquette P, Kindudu C, Barbeau M & Haddad P. The Impact of Treatment Adherence on Clinical and Economic Outcomes in Multiple Sclerosis: Real-World Evidence from Alberta, Canada [Abstract]. Value in Health. Nov 2016; 19(7): page A437.
See the poster here!
Gerber B, Cowling T, Chen G, Yeung M, Duquette P, Schecter R, & Haddad P. MS patient characteristics and healthcare resource utilization from administrative databases: real-world evidence from Alberta, Canada. Poster session presented at the 32nd Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS), Sept 2016; London, UK.
Cowling T, Boucher M. Environmental Scan on Pharmaceuticals Requiring Companion Diagnostics. Int. J. of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 32:5 (2016), 1-10
Cowling T and Pant S. Single drug technology assessment processes across health technology assessment organizations. Ottawa: CADTH; 2016 Nov. (Environmental Scan; Issue 55)
Cowling T, Boucher M, Fitzsimmons H. Pharmaceuticals requiring companion diagnostics: CADTH; 2014 [partially updated 2016]. (Environmental scan; Issue 57)
- Loorand-Stiver L, Cowling T, Perras, C. Drugs for rare diseases: evolving trends in regulatory and health technology assessment perspectives. Ottawa; CADTH; 2013 Oct [updated 2016 Feb]. (Environmental scan; issue 42).
Cowling T, de Léséleuc L. Surgical interventions performed outside the hospital operating room. Ottawa: CADTH; 2015. (Environmental Scan; Issue 49).
- Cowling T, de Léséleuc L. Reprocessing of single-use medical devices: a 2015 update. [Environmental Scan; Issue 48]. Ottawa: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health; 2015.
Huanzue Zhou, Christopher Taber, Steve Arcona and Yunfeng Li. Difference-in-Difference Method in Comparative Effectiveness Research: Utility with Unbalanced Groups. Appl Health Econ Health Policy. 2016, 14: 419-429
Jacqueline B. Palmer, Yunfeng Li, Vivian Herrera, Minlei Liao, Melody Tran and Zafer E. Ozturk. Treatment patterns and costs for anti-TNFα biologic therapy in patients with psoriatic arthritis. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 2016, 17:261
- Vegesna Ashok, Tran Melody, Angelaccio Michele, and Arcona Steve. Review: Remote Patient Monitoring via Non-Invasive Digital Technologies: A Systematic Review. Telemedicine and e-Health. April 2016, ahead of print. doi:10.1089/tmj.2016.0051.
- Fine S., Poulin-Costello M., Barron R., Mittmann N. The use of Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factors in the Canadian Outpatient Setting. Curr Oncol. 2014; 21 (e229-240)
- Swindle J, Xe X, Mallick R, Song R, Horstman T, Bays HE. Colesevelam, Ezetimibe, and Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Characteristics and Clinical Outcomes from a Health Care Database. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2014; 1 –9 (e-pub)
- Johnson P., Barron R., Legg J., Li X., Watson H., Marshall DA. Discrete Choice Experiment to Estimate Breast Cancer Patients’ Preferences and Willingness-to-Pay for Prophylactic Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Factors. Value in Health. 17(4):380-9. 2014 June.
- Teitelbaum A, Ba-Mancini A, Huang H, Henk HJ. Health care costs and resource utilization, including patient burden, associated with novel-agent-based treatment versus other therapies for multiple myeloma: findings using real-world claims data. The oncologist 2013; 18(1): 37-45.